Highlands Chapter Dayhike: OHT Moonhull Mtn to Ozone Campground
Ozark Highlands Trail, 7.2 miles, moderate. Norma Senyard, Hike Leader
Norma Senyard will lead a trail hike on the Ozark Highlands Trail from Moonhull Mountain Road to the Ozone Trailhead. This is a hike with beautiful views of the Mulberry River valley, is rated as a medium hike with a distance of just over 7 miles. The meeting place for carpooling will be at First Care Medical parking lot for an 8:00 am departure or at the Ozone Trailhead parking lot at 9:30. Details are below:
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2019
Name of Hike: OHT–Moonhull Mountain to Ozone Campground
Location: Ozark National Forest between Fallsville AR and Ozone AR on AR Hwy 21
Type of Hike: Dayhike, maintained forest hiking trail, one way with shuttle
Hike Distance: 7.2 miles
Vertical Elevation Difference: 800 ft
Features: Beautiful views of the Mulberry River Valley and side streams
Hike Leader: Norma Senyard (contact hike leader for more info)
Telephone & Email: 479-966-7009 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Place and Time:
- Meet at First Care South parking lot at the south end of Crossover Road in Fayetteville for carpooling for an 8:00 a.m. departure; or,
- Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the OHT Ozone Trailhead parking lot on AR Hwy 21 10 miles south of Fallsville AR
Driving Distance: 71 miles from the Fayetteville carpool to the Ozone trailhead via AR Hwy 16 and AR Hwy 21.
- Bring water, lunch, rain gear, gloves, and wear hiking boots. There are several creek crossings, so bring water shoes.
- No pets are allowed on any hikes, and children under 12 years are not allowed on difficult hikes.
- Participants are required to sign a liability release – http://www.ozarksociety.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/OS-Sign-Up_Sheet_rev4.pdf- at the trailhead to take part in any Ozark Society outing.
- Everyone is welcome to hike with the OSHC, whether an Ozark Society member or not.