Highlands Chapter Invitation: Workshop for Hike Leaders
September 7 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Hike Leader Workshop, Saturday September 7, 10:00 am–3:00 pm, Bell Engineering Center (University of Arkansas), Fayetteville AR, Bob Cross, Instructor. Open to all Ozark Society Chapters and members. Register by email to email@example.com or call 479-466-3077.
Ozark Society—Workshop for Hike Leaders
Bob Cross will be conducting a Workshop for Hike Leaders on Saturday, September 7th, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
We ALWAYS need new faces in the hike leader department. We have some strong hikers in our chapter that are just a little unsure about taking on the lead role. If you’re one of these hikers, this is an excellent opportunity, and its FREE. Bob has in-depth training and experience on hike planning and problem resolution. Lunch will be provided.
- Room 2291, Bell Engineering Center, University of Arkansas
- 800 W. Dickson St.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
- Enter front door, turn right, then go through double doors
- Call Bob at 479-466-3077 if front entrance is locked
- Free parking across street
- Saturday, September 7, 2019
- 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 pm, Thursday, September 5 (or call at 479-466-3077)
- No charge
- Lunch provided
- Open to all Ozark Society members and chapters
- Handouts will be distributed in advance to all registrants
- Objectives of Ozark Society Outing Program
- Dismal Hollow Case Study
- Hike Leader Qualifications (Suggestions for Further Training)
- Trip Planning and Management
- The Hike
- Individual Hiker’s Equipment
- Management of Problems on the Trail
- Accident Scene Management
- Liability Issues
- Leave No Trace