Highlands Chapter Young Naturalists Program: The Beauty of Bugs
October 20, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
The Beauty of Bugs, Sunday October 20, 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, Olivia Cline, doctoral student, University of Arkansas, Leader; Wilson Springs Nature Preserve, Fayetteville AR.
Ozark Society Highlands Chapter Young Naturalists Program
The Ozark Society Young Naturalists will again offer sessions this fall for children ages 7 to 9. The Highlands Chapter of the Ozark Society began this initiative in 2018 through a partnership with the Northwest Arkansas Master Naturalists and Arkansas Audubon Society. Also we have a OS Young Naturalists Native Plant Garden thanks to a lot help from the Master Naturalists. The presenters we have lined up for this fall include: geology (UofA), entomology (UofA), reptile/amphibians (UofA), and Animal Tracks and Traces (Naturalist, Joel Emerson).
• Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you and your child plan to participate.
• Our age group is 7-9; parents or guardians must be present. It’s a family event!
• All Young Naturalists should stay with the main group on the trail.
• All children should wear: closed shoes or boots, carry water, rain gear as needed, long pants suggested.
• It’s a good idea to bring a snack as we often stop for a short snack break.
• All sessions will be from 1:30 to 3:30 on Sunday afternoons. We’ll make a judgment call about when to actually finish up the program; in short, we may finish a little early. Everyone should have a great time without being overly tired.
• You will be contacted via email and on the Ozark Society Highlands Chapter Facebook if a nature outing has to be cancelled due to inclement weather.
• Sorry no pets allowed.
- For more information contact Organizer Chris Kline at email@example.com or 479-409-3094
- October 13: Local Reptiles and Amphibians
- October 20: The Beauty of Bugs
- October 27: Tracks and Traces of Animals in the Woods (Naturalists)
- November 3: Geology of the Ozarks