Ozark Society Fall Membership Meeting: Queen Wilhelmina State Park Arkansas
November 8, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - November 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
Ozark Society Fall Membership Meeting: November 8-10, 2019, Queen Wilhelmina State Park (near Mena, Arkansas).
Ozark Society Members:
The annual Fall Membership Meeting of the Ozark Society will take place on the weekend of 8-10 November at Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Although the agenda has not been finalized, the preliminary itinerary (see below) will allow you to arrive on either Friday evening or Saturday morning depending your driving distance. Member activities will take place on Saturday 9 Nov, whereas the OS Board will meet on Sunday 10 Nov. Queen Wilhelmina State Park is located on top of 2,681 ft Rich Mountain in western Arkansas near Mena AR https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/queen-wilhelmina-state-park The Highlands Chapter is hosting the meeting.
- Fri 8 Nov: Arrival, on your own, no scheduled activities
- Sat 9 Nov:
- 10:30 am – 2:30 pm Mid-morning to early afternoon outing (e.g., Ouachita Trail)
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm General Membership Business meeting (Wilhelmina Lodge meeting room)
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Dinner on your own (Wilhelmina Lodge Restaurant or campsite)
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Guest speaker, Tom McClure (Wilhelmina Lodge meeting room)
- Sun 10 Nov: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon Ozark Society Board Meeting (Wilhelmina Lodge meeting room)
Queen Wilhelmina State Park Facilities:
Queen Wilhelmina State Park has
- 40 guest rooms in motel-type lodging https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/queen-wilhelmina-state-park/accommodations
- 41 Campsites: https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/queen-wilhelmina-state-park/accommodations/camping
- A full-service restaurant: https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/queen-wilhelmina-state-park/restaurant
Lodging: Because Queen Wilhelmina Lodge is busy on fall weekends, please reserve a room early if you plan to stay in the lodge. To make reservations, dial 479-394-2863 to speak to a park representative (i.e., a “real person”) and mention “Ozark Society” to get a room in our block of rooms. Book soon.
For campsites in the park, call the park office at the same telephone number.
Other nearby commercial campsites and cabin/B&B accommodations are listed on the Queen Wilhelmina Park website at https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/queen-wilhelmina-state-park . The nearby (12 miles) town of Mena, Arkansas also has a number of motels and lodging.