Rescheduled OSHC Winter Holiday Party – New Years Hike 2022 Here’s what we have on the schedule. The OSHC Winter Holiday Party at Mt. Sequoyah scheduled for January 8 has been canceled.
Rescheduled OSHC Winter Holiday Party – New Years Hike 2022
Here’s what we have on the schedule.
The OSHC Winter Holiday Party at Mt. Sequoyah scheduled for January 8 has been canceled. This event has been moved outdoors and will take place after the OSHC New Years Hike at Lake Fayetteville. The large Pavilion at Veterans Memorial Park near Lake Fayetteville has been reserved for our Winter Party from 12:00 to 4:00pm on January 8, 2022.
Barbara Fell will lead the OSHC New Years Hike around Lake Fayetteville starting at 9:30am on January 8. It will start and end at Veterans Memorial Park. Meet in the parking lot near the lake.
What should you bring to the Winter Party?
Bring your own eating utensils, plates, cups, and a favorite dish and beverage.
Food may be a bit of a challenge; it may take a little creativity for this outdoor event. The important thing is that we’re hiking and celebrating together. If you can’t make the hike, please join us for the party. Email or call me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-409-0394 for questions about this event.
See you soon,
Highlands Chapter, Ozark Society
OSHC Winter Holiday Party: Accommodations and Information
- Zion Road is closed to through traffic between Vantage Dr. and Old Missouri Road. The section near Old Missouri Road is impassable.
- Electrical Outlets – There are 2 electrical outlet boxes with 4 outlets per box on the East side of the pavilion. There’s also a 3rd box on the SE corner, but it doesn’t appear to be working. The boxes are placed high on the wooden crossbar about 7ft. from the ground. We have 1 suitable table to accommodate crock pots etc., but we’ll need 1 more. Please email (below) if you plan to bring a hot dish that requires electricity. Bring a suitable extension cord for heat producing appliances. We have a few, but not enough for a lot of dishes. Hot dishes would add considerably to this outdoor occasion!
- Alcohol – Email me with questions about alcohol consumption and other rules for this pavilion.
- Restrooms – are nearby and open.
- Picnic tables- There are plenty of tables, but the seats are metal and cold, so you may wish to bring a cushion.
- Trash and Recycling – receptacles are available.
- Directions: Veterans Memorial Park adjacent to Lake Fayetteville
4451 N Vantage Dr., Fayetteville, AR 72703
See map of Lake Fayetteville and Entrance to Veterans Memorial Park
Email or call Chris Kline at email@example.com or 479-409-0394 for questions about this event.
Chris KlinePhone: 479-409-0394 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org